Saturday, February 8, 2014

PERFECT LIES by Kiersten White Review!

5/5 stars! 



Annie and Fia are ready to fight back.

The sisters have been manipulated and controlled by the Keane Foundation for years, trapped in a never ending battle for survival. Now they have found allies who can help them truly escape. After faking her own death, Annie has joined a group that is plotting to destroy the Foundation. And Fia is working with James Keane to bring his father down from the inside.

But Annie's visions of the future can't show her who to trust in the present. And though James is Fia's first love, Fia knows he's hiding something. The sisters can rely only on each other - but that may not be enough to save them.

As always, it's a tragedy to get to the end  of a story, no matter how happy or sad the ending may be. MIND GAMES (book 1) was fantastic and thrilling and I can't believe I managed to contain myself (somewhat) before I got my hands on PERFECT LIES! 
The plot continued from the first book, and I really liked that. It wasn't a separate story or adventure, it just continues on! I admire Kiersten White's writing style. It's very real. Like, I can totally see a teen thinking these same thoughts as a read them! 

Fia is a boss heroine, and I never get tired of those. Her brutality and unpredictability are what define her the most. Though she also seemed mad (as in crazy). I think my favorite part of the book is when Fia is trying to keep from thinking of certain things in the midst of the Reader, 'Pixie.' Every scene that involved the two of them was my personal favorite!

Annie's personality stayed true in the sequel. She's still cautious and responsible and very mature in everything she does. She does not let her blindness interfere with her superior persona. I lived that she was constantly worried about Fia and what trouble she's getting into, completely disregarding the extreme danger she's in herself. 

I feel like I would ramble way too much if I attempted to describe everything I liked about every character, so I'll keep it brief and concise. 

Actually, I'm changing my mind. I'll let YOU form your own opinion on the rest of the characters and see how you liked them after concluding this spectacular duology! 

Go check out the author, Kiersten White, on Twitter! (@KierstenWhite) Get news on what's coming up with her and send her tweets about how much you like her amazing novels! (No hate messages please, she works hard to create her stories and it's not right to slam what she's put her blood, sweat, and tears into).

Also check out her other books such as the PARANORMALCY TRILOGY, THE CHAOS OF STARS, and MIND GAMES.

Tell me what you think in the comment section!

DFTBA!

-Matt




1 comment: