Monday, October 14, 2013

The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Scheider Book Review!

Rating: 10/10 stars!

Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them—a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: in one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra’s knee, his athletic career, and his social life.

No longer a front-runner for Homecoming King, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters new girl Cassidy Thorpe. Cassidy is unlike anyone Ezra’s ever met, achingly effortless, fiercely intelligent, and determined to bring Ezra along on her endless adventures.

But as Ezra dives into his new studies, new friendships, and new love, he learns that some people, like books, are easy to misread. And now he must consider: if one’s singular tragedy has already hit and everything after it has mattered quite a bit, what happens when more misfortune strikes? 

Robyn Schneider’s The Beginning of Everything is a lyrical, witty, and heart-wrenching novel about how difficult it is to play the part that people expect, and how new beginnings can stem from abrupt and tragic endings.
-Goodreads

ROBYN SCHEIDER, MY HEART IS BROKEN! I LOVE YOU AND YOUR BOOKS! 
Wow! This book is absolutely STUNNING!!! It is one of those books that will not allow you to speed read through it! It makes you take your time to capture its full beauty! 

This YA standalone was just EXCEPTIONAL!!! The characters were so unique and described in such detail! Also, their personalities really stood out!

EZRA is DEFINITELY the kind of guy I'd be friends with! I really liked how he doesn't act like a wimp. I hate it when people/fictional characters use and abuse injuries to make people feel bad for them. Thankfully, Ezra agrees with me and takes no part in this manipulation! He a very reasonable, genuine guy and for that I praise him!!! I felt like a part of me died when I read the tragic scenes of this book. It was a strong connection.

TOBY was so awesome! He was an awesome best friend to Ezra, no matter what happened. Even after he and Ezra's relationship was kind of out on hold, he just accepted him again and they went right back to being best buds! He would give honest advice and listen to Ezra's problems even when he didn't really feel like it. Toby, you HAVE to be my best friend!

Then there's CASSIDY. Even though she wasn't honest to Ezra all the time, I still think she was a great girl. Everyone has there ways of coping and I'm not one to judge her for keeping a few secrets. But she was very honest about how she FELT! While I was reading about her I just wanted to be there, meet her, give her a hug, and tell her how amazing she is! I will never agree with her final decision though, no matter what her reasons. I'm not going to spoil anything but the end doesn't leave you feeling happy. Don't get me wrong, it's excellent and it definitely has closure, but my heart hurt. 

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend THE BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING to all Nerd Fighters (John Green fans) and anyone else who loves a great standalone! 
Can't wait to read more books from Robyn Schneidet!!!

NOW GO AND READ THIS BOOK!!!

-Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment